About One Knight in the Dungeon
PRE-ALPHA: THIS GAME IS NOT COMPLETE. SEE STATUS, BELOW.
One Knight in the Dungeon is a modern take on the old roguelike genre:
- It's turn-based, but doesn't block on animations so you can play as fast as you want (animation speed is also configurable).
- You can play in glorious modern 3D, or retro CP437/ASCII modes.
- Movement is grid-based, but with "tweening" to provide a modern look.
- You can play entirely with the keyboard, the mouse, or a combination of the two.
- You start with a character class, but can pick up skills from any tree as you progress: you have the flexibility to build whatever character suits your play-style.
- All levels are procedurally generated, providing infinite replayability.
- With hundreds of skills (including spells), items and monsters - you have the flexibility to enjoy a different game each time. Or you can re-enter a "seed" and play the same game again.
- The more controversial roguelike aspects are configurable: you can turn permadeath on or off (but you NEVER keep progression between games), item identification can be enabled or disabled, and the hunger clock is configurable.
- There are 50 levels included in the game. More are planned for future expansion.
- Most of the game is defined in Lua "raw" files - it's moddable out of the box.
The game, right now, is in PRE-ALPHA. You can play to the end, but there are known balance problems, not all creatures are present yet, there's a bunch more items to come, more music/sound to come, etc. Most importantly, later-game content is not present yet! In other words, please enjoy this build, but please let me know about bugs - and check back for updates that finish off the game!
The plan is to keep Alpha downloads free, and then move to a paid/early-access model when the game is more-or-less complete.
About Bracket Productions
Bracket Productions is a one-man operation in Columbia, Missouri. I love writing code of all sorts, and have begun teaching myself 3D graphics. We also offer consulting services.